not just a Mom
Yesterday Sadie was sitting on the couch contemplating and totally out of the blue she looks at me and says "What's your name?" I told her my name is Miriam...... then she gave me a funny shy look and wrinkled up her nose and said Mirim?? giggle, giggle.....2 seconds later...."What's your name?" This conversation continued for a few minutes and then after a while she'd randomly say Mirim and give me a shy little giggle. I just laughed, it is just funny to me when I can see her little brain just working away trying to figure something out, I'm not just her Mom, I also have a name. When Ryan came home, she did the same thing to him.
She is a tricky little thing, lately she's been waking up way way too early and we always try to get her to play in her room for a while before we let her out and the past few days she'll say I need to go potty (she knows that always gets a real quick response), or my tummy hurts. And sure enough we were much quicker to respond only to have her say, Hi Mom, I'm awake! I want some cereal. me: don't you have to go potty? Sadie: nope. mmhmm she's a tricky one.
p.s. Piper is sleeping so much better this week. We re-discovered the swing. We'd tried it earlier on and she didn't take to it at all so we gave up on it (also I didn't want her to become a swing junkie), but this weekend we tried it again for her naps and it works! She's been taking so many more naps and has been SO much happier as a result. I'll totally take a swing junkie over an I-never-sleep-baby any day.
She is a tricky little thing, lately she's been waking up way way too early and we always try to get her to play in her room for a while before we let her out and the past few days she'll say I need to go potty (she knows that always gets a real quick response), or my tummy hurts. And sure enough we were much quicker to respond only to have her say, Hi Mom, I'm awake! I want some cereal. me: don't you have to go potty? Sadie: nope. mmhmm she's a tricky one.
p.s. Piper is sleeping so much better this week. We re-discovered the swing. We'd tried it earlier on and she didn't take to it at all so we gave up on it (also I didn't want her to become a swing junkie), but this weekend we tried it again for her naps and it works! She's been taking so many more naps and has been SO much happier as a result. I'll totally take a swing junkie over an I-never-sleep-baby any day.

6 Comments:
What a stinker!! Have you seen these:
http://www.goodnitelite.com/index.php?page=product
Sadie sounds like she has the cutest little personality! I am so glad that Piper is sleeping better for you guys, even if it is in the swing. When you get to that survival mode you don't care how they sleep just as long as they sleep!
that is a cute story. with Kate having lived with my parents for so long, she has always known we were kristen and ryan from them calling us that. and then sometimes she would yell downstairs to grammie and say "MOOOOOM!" just like I do. he he.
That's classic. Hallie now likes to refer to us as Steve and Kara. Steve hates it and refuses to help her do anything when she asks in that manner. I just chuckle to myself and on the side teach her how to spell Kara.
She is such a cutie! I love her voice it is so precious. Yes, you need to do the book club! I know your life has been crazy since Piper came, but when you feel up to it, do it! Sara keeps asking if you are going to do it. So what are you reading now? I am about to start some chinese book about friendship it was some best seller, which I actaully steer clear from best seller's because they always have too many "Fs" anyway we will see.
That was a sweet story - I love the little things that we get to witness as moms - it makes it that much more rewarding.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home