2 weeks!
… and it couldn’t come sooner. Every girl gets to this stage at one point or another and I have just hit it. I’m so ready to have this baby and get a portion of my body back (and sacrifice another!). At this stage though I welcome nursing. My belly feels extraordinarily huge so huge I feel we might cause permanent muscle damage if this baby sticks out much more. My stomach muscles feel shot. Lets hope they can make a full recovery and return to some semblance of normalcy in the next year or so. To add to this, we have no A/C so it has been smoldering hot in our house. Like a little Sauna, those are awesome especially all day long every day. Never ending Sauna. Awesome. I really do hate to complain too much on this subject since it is really by choice, we could put one in, we’re just hoping it’ll be cheaper in the off season (it better be). I’ve decided though that I can do anything if there’s an end in site. I will survive. It’s pretty sad when I’m looking forward to my stay in the hospital, post surgery, because they have air conditioning.
I have my C-section scheduled for Thursday Aug. 18th. I have so many mixed feelings on this. I can’t wait for him to be born, but I’m so dreading the C-section. I’m not sure I’m ready for the scariness of the actual surgery or the long recovery. Yikes. Also, am I ready for a newborn?? I’m not totally sure I am! Going back to the sleepless nights, the hours and hours of holding and rocking, crying and more crying, neglected children and house…..We’ll pray I can take a more relaxed approach this time. The third one’s the easy one right, RIGHT??? Okay I know it isn’t, but I have to keep telling myself this one will be easier. If not I may just decide to keep this baby in me forever despite the insane discomfort this would cause.
On another note, this past weekend we decided to go camping since we hadn’t been all summer long and Sadie out of the blue a few days ago said, very longingly, “I really wish we could go camping”. So that’s what we did. We headed up to Longmont to a place called Johnny Park Rd. It was totally fun, but my pregnant body was feeling the heat so we did a lot of playing around camp.
There’s something about playing in a tent, no matter how hot it is, the kids just can’t get enough of it.
Isn’t he handsome? I sure think so.
We used our new camping stove for the first time and I’m telling you this was the yummiest breakfast we’ve had camping for a long time.
proof of the ridiculously huge belly. It’s sticking out so far he has either dropped or my muscles have given up and my belly is just starting to droop.
pretty sure none of my shirts cover my belly completely these days.
and there you have it. Two weeks from today we’ll be welcoming this little munchkin into our home and we can’t wait!
5 Comments:
Oh, poor Miriam! I'm sorry you're so miserable. In many ways, I feel your pain, since I have a week and a half left, and I totally know what you mean about your stomach muscles giving up. Then again, I can't believe how much you're sticking out! I think my belly is bigger than your average girl, but you seriously look like you're hauling around a heavy watermelon. I guess there's no room for him to go anywhere but out! And no air conditioning?? I would seriously die. I would welcome the hospital's AC, too! Good luck with the surgery, and I have my fingers crossed that this baby will be easier; I think you've definitely put in your share of the work with babies that need extra care. I hope this one's more easygoing!
I think you are the cutest pregnant girl ever! You look beautiful.
(I have a feeling this little guy will be a perfect angel for you!)
GET AC!!
Despite what you think Miriam, you look so amazing and are so small especially for only having 2 weeks left! I'm excited to see your new little man!!!!
I was so nervous for the c-section. It wasn't as bad as I thought, don't get me wrong it was hard, but I feel great now and the recovery with help from Mike and my mom was doable!! You can do it for sure!
yes, that is a funny belly when your bum is still a size 2. I'm so excited for you!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home