Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Ranch

Another fun ranch trip has come and gone and it was just as good as ever.  I seriously love this place.  The kids love it too.  There are so many things to love about the ranch.  You can go 4 wheeling just as much as your little heart desires, go mtn biking, explore new or old trails, run around, play with the dogs, get as dirty as you want and not worry about ruining carpets or furniture, play games, eat delicious food, and just sit around and chat with great company.  I tell you, it’s a magical place. 

P1040715

Aimee and Jason brought their dog Angus and Sadie and Piper absolutely LOVED him.  He is the biggest cuddliest dog ever and so sweet I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t love him.  And strangely Sadie wasn’t allergic to him.  Yeah!!  I swear I can’t figure that allergy out.  Some dogs she’s allergic to and rashes up immediately….others (Angus and Grandma Julie’s dog Buffy) she’s not.  I thought maybe she was over her dog allergy, but yesterday she pet the neighbors dog and totally rashed up.  So weird.  This made her day, no her whole year, to be able to play with this dog.  It’s the saddest thing to love dogs so much and not be able to touch them.   Live it up Sadie!

P1040741

P1040701

This is a natural spring that’s been here as long as anyone can remember. 

P1040687

Shaeffer, Brinley, Sadie and Piper romping around in the yard.

P1040676 P1040677 P1040680

P1040682  

Brandon, Taggart, and Papa Steve

P1040719

Sadie, Rory, Brecken, and Aimee

P1040721  P1040734 

Of course there was some shooting.  Wouldn’t be a ranch trip without it.

P1040770P1040778

Jason’s helping the kids find crawdads.

P1040788

We found some!  Brinley was SO disappointed when he told her she couldn’t boil them up and eat them.  mmm yum.

P1040786 

One of my favorite things is seeing all the kids in their rubber boots running off to find something new to jump in.  There is a huge pile of random old boots in the mud room and the kids grab a pair and don’t take them off the whole trip and most of them are at least 10 sizes too big.  Wish we’d gotten a picture of them all in their huge boots.   It’s a crack up.

P1040792P1040781 P1040787   P1040793 P1040729

Sadie and Grandpa Stewart

P1040799 P1040798

Till we come again!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Mattinson's said...

so cute! I am glad you guys had a good time. It looked like a lot of fun!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Jodee Luke said...

Ok you guys have to come to Craig! Oh and Sadie told me all about her bff Angus at the baseball game last week. So cute!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Glad you are blogging again!
I wish our side of the family would/could do fun get togethers like this!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kari Clark said...

What a fun trip! I would trade a whole lot to live in a place like that!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

You are welcome to dogsit Angus any time. Just come on over and get him!!

You did get some great pictures!!!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home