Reminiscent of colic days
Last night was all too familiar to the LONG LONG nights we'd spend swinging the carseat for hours on end for the first 4 months of Sadie's life. Sadie's been sleeping great for the past few months but now that she's teething she's been waking up at night again and each night seems to get progressively worse. Last night was the worst. She woke up around 9 and you could tell her teeth were hurting lots, but it was a little too soon for more medicine so we tried rocking her and putting her back in bed. We did this probably 4 or 5 time (you lose track after the 2nd or 3rd try) over the next hour. After many failed attempts to get her to fall back asleep we gave her some medicine that we thought would for sure do the trick. Nope, as if we'd be so lucky! Our next try was to bring her out and let her play in the living room with us to get her mind of the hurt. That calmed her for a bit but the second we tried to put her back in her bed she's remember the pain. As a very last resort I decided to nurse her in her room and put her in her bed very very sleepy. That seems to always work right? Nope, not last night! What do you do when your last resort fails?? We were counting on that one and really didn't know what else to try. Next we tried letting her lay in bed with us. What kid doesnt' like that? Sadie. By this time its 11pm and we're both getting really tired (I swear you get more tired when you know you can't go to sleep. On any other night we'd still be up at this time, but tonight we were exhausted) and Sadie's had it and we can't even calm her down anymore. So now as a very very last attempt we went for a drive. That outta do it. We took a nice long drive were reminded of why we love wisonsin so much! We drove through this beautiful neighborhood with huge big trees everwhere and the houses tucked back away from the road a ways. The houses were all these huge old mansions that looked so impressive behind all of the mature trees and shrubbery. It felt like you were in the forest with these big surprises here and there. Pretty much our dream neighborhood. After 45 min. of driving Sadie finally fell asleep and we drove home with happy thoughts of wisconsin in our heads.
An another note I've been wanting to post a picture of my new skirt I made. We made them a few weeks ago for an enrichment night. It is a wrap skirt.

An another note I've been wanting to post a picture of my new skirt I made. We made them a few weeks ago for an enrichment night. It is a wrap skirt.
oh wait! There's more.....it's REVERSIBLE!!
10 Comments:
oh miriam!! I LOVE the skirt!! I NEED the pattern!! and I love the fabric, where did you get it? bummer about sadie and her teeth. only 10 more to go, right?
Kristen, the fabric is Amy Butler, you can find her stuff at smaller fabric boutiques. I can't get enough of her fabric. Seriously. I'm always trying to brew up project ideas as an excuse to buy more.
Miriam,
Love the skirt! What a great idea and job. My girlfriend Denise is an Amy butler lover too and she has her pattern books and makes bags, etc. So cute. I wonder how it would look for maternity?? (: Loving all your posts and you are looking as amazing as ever. And, I can't believe Sadie is already one! We haven't even met her in person yet! Love you!
Karli
Your skirt is adorable! Will you make me one? Not kidding. I'll pay for the material and everthing!!! Sorry about Sadie. Not fun is it? She and Porter are one! Can you believe that? Crazy!
love you guys,
me
So sad about little Sadie! I remember it with Carter and am dreading it for Samantha. It will be over soon, good luck!
Sounds like Sadie needs a stern talking to about what is appropriate and inappropriate ;) I'm just teasing- good luck! Oh the skirt is a hit!
Okay Ryan & Miriam, Don't think I am a stocker. But you might not remember me, My dad was your bishop at BYU 183rd ward, Yep Bishop Murray, So I was reading your colic entry can I just say I totally feel for you, Our little boy Ty was a colic baby too. Oh it was probably one of the hardest times I have ever seen so far. Not know why I couln't sooth him. But thankful 4 months came and went, and now he is a totally different Boy. But I just wanted to say hello, and that your little family is so cute. Glad you are loving where you are living. We are in Kauai, and we too love where we live. We are super happy because my parents are coming out in 2 weeks, yeah family!! Anywho, teething is totally not fun, we are working on Ty's molers and he is up at nights too, just keep giving them comfort, Try the baby orajel, that always sees to help for a few mins. But you are totally right they remember the pain as soon as they see that bed of theres. Smart little ones they are. If you wanna see pics of the fam, check on our blog, hulagirlclark.blogspot,, I will have to tell my parents I found your blog through our friends page. Funny how small the world is! Oh and I totally love the skirt, oh you wanna make one for me?? Keep the cute pics coming!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oh man. I have to say that I'm really impressed with your patience and good spirits with the tough baby times. Every time I start getting scared about the baby, I think, "Well, Miriam is still alive. She can teach me what to do." And I absolutely love your skirt, too. What a great enrichment activity! I've just recently gained a testimony of small fabric boutiques and the awesome stuff they have.
hi miriam how's it going? i really like that skirt, where can i get the pattern?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home